Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Favorite Dads

With Father's Day being tomorrow I wanted to recognize the wonderful dads in my life. My father known to Ruthie as PawPaw is the best dad a girl could ask for. He has 3 daughters, so you know he is a patient man. We have phone conversations that last forever. I so enjoy talking to him and catching up. He has a laugh that no one could imitate. It is said by everyone that meets us that I am a carbon copy of him. I am proud to say that they are right. I just hope that I give Ruthie the love, kindness, and patience that he has always shown me.

Ruthie and PawPaw in deep conversation
I was blessed with 2 fathers. Billy my step-father has been married to my mom for 28 years. He has 2 daughters of his own, but never distinguished a difference between them and Lori and myself. He was at every dance recital, beauty review, sporting event, and every other thing that I was involved in. He also has the patience of a saint. He himself living in a house of 3 women and only 1 bathroom. Needless to say, that can be nerve wrecking in itself. He is the best breakfast cook that you will ever meet. I miss having a full breakfast on Sunday mornings. It is his speciality. I take advantage of it everytime I get the chance.
Ruthie with PaPa at his birthday party
Dustin was also blessed with a wonderful father. He will do whatever it takes you help you get what you want or need. I have a feeling that this characteristic might be a problem with Ruthie. We will have to reign him in. He works hard so that his family is well taken care of and I have never heard him complain of a hard day. I love to hang out with him. Before Dustin and I got married we watched Sex and the City every Sunday night. Dustin refused to watch. Ruthie's Pop E does lots of fun stuff like that. He will shop, go out to eat, or do whatever we want to do.
See what I mean, Ruthie getting a shoulder ride

Lastly, but CERTAINLY not least there is the newest father in my life, Dustin. I have been so amazed at what a great father he is. He LOVES Ruthie beyond words. He works so hard so that I can stay at home and be with our daughter. He cleans, cooks, irons, feeds Ruthie, changes diapers, and much much more. You could not ask for a better husband or father. Ruthie has brought so many things into our life. The biggest one being a greater love for one another. I knew I loved him before, but seeing him as a father has deepened my love for him more than I thought was possible.

Ruthie with her Daddy

As you can tell, Ruthie and I are so blessed to have these 4 wonderful men in our life.
God has been so good to me.

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Kimberly Whitley Bingham said...

Marcie, The father's day post is so sweet. I have balled and balled! You daddy will too when he reads it. She does have 4 wonderful men in her life and I know that she will appreciate them as much as you do. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet Marcie!!!