Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank Goodness for Teething Tablets

We recently discovered two white spots on Ruthie's lower gums. I thought that it was no way that it could be teeth trying to find their way out. I am still not sure if they are. However, this week she has been very fussy. Not like her at all. She will not let me hold her to put her to sleep. She fights me and wiggles to no end. We eventually lay her down and she puts herself to sleep. After MANY times of putting the paci back in. On Tuesday and Wednesday I blamed it on the shots that she had gotten on Tuesday morning. By this morning I wasn't sure if that was the problem anymore. She was fussy most of the morning, which is usually her happiest time of the day. After her lunch bottle, she always goes down for an afternoon nap and sleeps a couple of hours. However, today she just would not give it up. She was SOOOO sleepy, rubbing her eyes, fretful, but just could not get settled. So I laid her on her activity mat and still the same result. I gave in and tried the teething tablets that Dustin had been telling me that everyone told him they were a God send. They were right. Within 5 minutes of giving her 2 tablets, I got the results shown below. She has now been asleep going on 2 hours. I guess she really is teething. I have been told this can go on for a couple of months before the tooth actually makes it's debut. So until then, thank you teething tablets!


0 comments: